There are many
reasons why accounts/assets become lost or dormant.
- People move and don't update their new address
- Address forwarding services by the postal services are shorter
- Shareholders/owners marry, die and/or are no longer minors which requires
a change in registration
- Heirs are unaware of unclaimed assets
- Corporations merge changing names and addresses
- Assets escheat to various government agencies
- Statements get lost and unfamiliarity with replacement processes
- Corporations go out of business
- An owner may believe their account is up to date when in fact action is
required as the account is categorized as 'lost'.
Our society is truly global. People move many times during their lifetime
often internationally, so marriages, divorces, and deaths can occur anywhere
in the world. Add to this the seemingly constant changing international corporate
landscape through domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the result
is that more and more accounts and shareholders are becoming disconnected with
one another. Such accounts often require the specialized services and proprietary
international experience and expertise of Global Shareholder Services™.
We can undertake and complete the necessary extraordinary efforts required
to successfully resolve these types of cases. It is in the interests of both
the individuals we seek and the holders of the unclaimed accounts, that they be
reconnected with one another.
As our past clients and testimonials attest, Global Shareholder Services™ is your
expert in Reconnecting, Respecting, and Protecting global shareholders.